Thursday 21 August 2014

Neoarcology: permaculture, aquaponics and arcology (book)

Neoarcology: True Sustainability through the application of permaculture, aquaponics and arcology

By 2030 5 BILLION people, three out of five people, will live in cities. By then, over 2 BILLION people in the world will be living in slums, and Asia alone will have at least 10 megacities with populations over 25 MILLION. How do we keep this Urban Devastation from depleting our planet of it's natural resources? How do we slow the razing of thriving ecosystems and stop the cold, soulless, megalopolis of the future? This is what the Science of NEOARCOLOGY seeks to do. It combines three proven scientific disciplines of Permaculture, Aquaponics, and Arcology, to provide for this inexorable expansion of the human machine, while curtailing our destructive footprint on the world around us.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this idea is so inspirational to everyone in the world including me as your 13 year old daughter you are a excellent role model for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I've experience in applying both Permaculture and Aquaponics in urban settings, I had high expectations of this book so read it avidly looking for fresh insight, but unfortunately I was sadly disappointed by it's regurgitation of bland and / or untested ideas.
    I still think Neoarcology as a concept has some good ideas and possible real world applications, but for me this book failed to deliver.
    Those unfamiliar with Permaculture and Aquaponics could still read this as a taster... But I'd say borrow it rather than buy it.
    Sorry I hate giving poor reviews.

    ReplyDelete